Community Mediation offers a 12-15 hour peer mediation training and implementation assistance to middle and high schools. Training topics include:
- Introduction to conflict and conflict management styles
- Communication skills, including active listening, I statements, and open questions
- Bias and conflict
- Dealing with anger and angry people
- The six-stage mediation process.
Trainings are highly interactive and include large and small group discussion and activities worksheets, games and roleplays. We also provide workshops on conflict management/resolution for all grade levels.
Youth learn the style you generally use in conflict, and how to: listen effectively; deal with your own and others’ anger; create non-defensive “I” statements; move from positions to interests; and other helpful skills.
Other Communication Skills Training
CM has also offered helpful and diverse training in subjects such as:
- How to run an effective meeting
- Dealing with angry people
- Managing employees effectively
- Nonviolent communication skills
- Dealing with clients and customers compassionately
If you would like to arrange for a workshop/training or have any questions after reading through our course offerings, please contact our Associate Executive Director, Joe Brummer via email or by calling: (203) 782-3514.