In our training you will learn all the skills and techniques necessary to facilitate group discussions of any size and in a number of contexts. It is hands on and interactive and you will have a chance to practice and get feedback on the skills you have learned. We offer trainings for adults and youth.
In our training you will learn how to…
- …actively listen and lead a group conversation.
- …manage group dialogues and create a productive and safe environment.
- …craft questions that get the conversation going.
- …handle difficult participants & conflict within the group.
- …record discussion progress.
- …create an agenda that will lead a group from dialogue to action.
- …facilitate different models (Study Circles, World Café, focus groups, Community Conversations, etc….)
The facilitation training is taught by David Savage, an experienced facilitator with a background in cultural anthropology, who has organized and facilitated numerous dialogues across the Greater New Haven area. He has facilitated community conversations between the New Haven Police Department and community members, staff development workshops at the New Haven Health Department, and several planning & visioning dialogues different with non-profit and neighborhood organizations.
For more information on training packets, facilitation services, and pricing contact Brenda Cavanaugh (email@example.com or 203.782.3504).
What former participants said:
“It was compassionately done, but concrete, direct, and challenging.”
“[The trainers] created a space for us to feel comfortable but also challenged.”
“It gave me more confidence.”
“I really liked the casual style and atmosphere.”
“That I got to express myself, because I’m usually not a speaker.”
“The role-playing helped to put what we learned to use.”